Thank you for considering Lakewood High School as an option for your child’s secondary education. We believe that LHS is a special place and can offer your child opportunities in academics, the arts, athletics and other co-curricular activities unmatched by other area high schools.
Students spend their years at LHS opening their minds to new ideas, new perspectives, new interests, and graduate as independent thinkers with 21st century skills. Our graduates are well prepared to navigate a complex and changing world with self-reliance, confidence and curiosity. When they walk across the Civic Auditorium stage to receive their diploma, they will take with them the six competencies that make up our Vision of a Lakewood Graduate:
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Growth Mindset
- Global Awareness/Citizenship
The four years spent in high school are ones of great self-discovery and growth and at Lakewood High, the avenues for this exploration are many. Your student may select from a broad curriculum including 19 AP courses and dozens of science and humanities electives plus a full complement of West Shore Career-Technical programs. Whether it’s in English class or on the concert stage, in a science lab or on an athletic field, in an art studio or at the Ranger Café, interests for every student can be met at Lakewood High.
One of the best ways to experience LHS is to spend the day shadowing a current student through their schedule. Below is information to get started on setting up a date:
- Shadowing is scheduled on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. Space may be limited due to student ambassador availability and/or special school events.
- Current District 8th grade students will have a chance to shadow during the District's annual "Ranger Day" at LHS.
- To reserve a date, please call the Counseling Department at 216-529-4032. The department secretary will provide more details on drop-off and pick-up times and will contact you when a student ambassador and a shadowing date has been selected.
Parents interested in a building tour should contact LHS Associate Principal Bridgette Firstenberger at email@example.com
West Shore Career-Tech offers current students career shadowing opportunities: