Your child has been identified for Roosevelt’s Title 1 Reading Intervention Program based on below average performance on initial reading assessments. Your child will receive daily small group reading intervention in addition to classroom instruction. Progress and growth will be closely monitored and communicated.
You can support your child’s growth in reading by:
- Reading to and with your child on a regular basis and discussing what is read.
- Ensuring a quiet independent reading time daily. (ex: 15-30 mins. before bed)
- Visiting the school or local library.
- Reviewing homework and subject area vocabulary.
- Accessing the resource links on our Title 1 webpage.
We are anxious to work with you and your children to ensure their development as successful readers!