Board of Education
From left: Betsy Bergen Shaughnessy, Vice President Linda Beebe, President Michael J. Callahan, Emma Petrie Barcelona and Nora Katzenberger.
- Acts as a policy making body functioning according to the mandates of state law;
- Represents the state of Ohio and the citizens of Lakewood on all matters and decisions dealing with public education;
- Conducts itself as a nonpartisan and nonsectarian body as it speaks and acts for the community; and;
- Acts as a committee-of-the-whole on matters requiring official decisions. No Board member has independent authority to speak for the Board.
- 2023 Meeting Dates/Locations
- Watch Via Livestream
- Joint Meeting of Lakewood City Council and Board of Education - 11/24/22
Archive of meeting minutes held July 17, 2020 or later