HELLO & WELCOME NEW STUDENTS & PARENTS TO LAKEWOOD CITY SCHOOLS!
In order to allow for the safety of our families and staff, we have moved our registration at this time to completely online. We will continue to update the registration site as needed.
Who may register a child?
The Lakewood City School District will enroll only those students whose parents/legal guardians are residents of this school district. “Residence” for school purposes means that the custodial parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of the student are full-time residents of Lakewood. All certified court orders pertaining to guardianship and custody must be presented at the time of registration.
The Lakewood City School District does not grant temporary enrollment (ORC 3313.64 E).
Beginning May 21, 2020 until further notice parents may register for preschool as follows:
1) Download and print the registration packet (link below)
2) Complete all forms
3) Gather required documents as specified on the checklist
4) Scan all completed forms and documents and attach in an email to: email@example.com
5) If applicable, mail first tuition payment to:
Lakewood City Schools
13701 Lake Ave.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
(or place check in our locked drop box located at 13701 Lake Ave., bottom of ramp)
If you wish to pay by credit card, please indicate that in your email and you will be contacted with further instructions. 6) Once your email has been received, you will be contacted to confirm your registration.
7) If you do not have access to scan/email your completed forms, you may drop your completed forms off to the reception desk or place in the locked drop box located at 13701 Lake Ave. Lock box will be located at the bottom of the ramp.
If you have any questions, please email Cher Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool registration packet
Ohio Law requires that all children complete a formal kindergarten program. Any child who is 5 years old on or before September 30 of the school year is eligible for kindergarten.
(can be uploaded or drop copies in lock box located at 13701 Lake Ave., at bottom of ramp)
• Parent/guardian picture ID (i.e. driver's license), passport or I-94
• Certified copy of birth certificate or valid passport or I-94
• Immunization records
• Proof of residency (provide two):
Current utility bill-portion showing your name & address or faxed confirmation of new utility service. Please be sure to include the entire bill, pictures and/or attachments of an envelope with your name and address will not be accepted. We will also accept ebill statements that reflect the name, address and date for that bill. If you make payments online and do not receive a physical bill, please log onto the website of your utility provider and download the statement as an attachment. We may ask for a physical copy in the future.
Fully executed lease: Includes landlord contact information and all persons living at this address
Owner Affidavit completed in full and notarized by landlord/property manager (only when proofs noted above cannot be provided).
Bank statement with current address
• Residency and Custody Affidavit completed in full and notarized by resident. (Everyone must have this document.)
• Divorce/custody papers, if applicable (must be court certified)
• Most recent IEP, ETR or 504 Plan (for special education only)
Documents That Will Help Registration Process:
• Withdrawal information/transcript/report card from previous school
• Release of Records Authorization Form
Information required for students entering grades 6-12. Please click on the form below that MUST be completed by parent/guardian in order to complete registration.
Scheduling Form 2020-2021 School Year
If you have any questions or need additional assistance during the online registration process such as uploading documents, please call the Registration Secretary, Susan Robida, at 216-529-4279 or email her at email@example.com.
At the end of the online registration process you will pick an appointment from the appointment schedule. You will receive a phone call for the date and time of your appointment to finalize your registration. Please be available for this call. Registrations are not complete without this final phone call.
Click on the New Student button/link below to begin the registration process:
Thank you! We are happy to welcome you as the newest members of the Lakewood City Schools family!