HELLO & WELCOME NEW STUDENTS & PARENTS TO LAKEWOOD CITY SCHOOLS!
Who may register a child?
The Lakewood City School District will enroll only those students whose parents/legal guardians are residents of this
school district. “Residence” for school purposes means that the custodial parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of the student
are full-time residents of Lakewood. All certified court orders pertaining to guardianship and custody must be
presented at the time of registration.
The Lakewood City School District does not grant temporary enrollment (ORC 3313.64 E).
Ohio Law requires that all children complete a formal kindergarten program. Any child who is 5 years old on or before September 30 of the school year is eligible for kindergarten.
Required Documentation to Bring:
• Parent/guardian picture ID (i.e. driver's license), passport or I-94
• Certified copy of birth certificate or valid passport or I-94
• Immunization records
• Proof of residency (provide two):
- Current utility bill-portion showing your name & address or faxed confirmation of new utility service. Fax: (216) 228-8327
- Fully executed lease: Includes landlord contact information and all persons living at this address
- Owner Affidavit completed in full and notarized by landlord/property manager (only when proofs noted above cannot be provided).
- Bank statement with currrent address
• Residency and Custody Affidavit completed in full and notarized by resident. (Everyone must have this document.)
• Divorce/custody papers, if applicable (must be court certified)
• Most recent IEP, ETR or 504 Plan (for special education only)
Documents That Will Help Registration Process:
• Withdrawal information/transcript/report card from previous school
• Release of Records Authorization Form
Every 9th-12th grade student registering must be brought in for an assessment, which can take place at your registration appointment or scheduled at a separate time before registration is completed.
Please arrive at the Board of Education located at 1470 Warren Road with all required documents. Your appointment should take no longer than 30 minutes if you have all the documents.
If you do not bring ALL required documents, you may need to schedule another appointment. The registration process cannot be completed until all required documents are brought in.
If you have any questions, please call Registration Secretary Patty Hays at 216-529-4279 or email her at email@example.com. Fax: 216-228-8327
Click on the News Student button/link below to begin the registration process:
Thank you! We are happy to welcome you as the newest members of the Lakewood City Schools family!