LAKEWOOD CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
STUDY CENTER REQUIREMENTS
- Any student participating in a sport that is eligible by OHSAA standards but doesn’t achieve a quarter GPA of 1.51 or higher must report to study center.
- Students that received a GPA of 1.51-1.99 may be assigned to study center by the head coach only after the parent(s) has been contacted and agrees with the assignment.
- If a student has below a 1.00 GPA and wishes to attend practice they must report to study center.
- The student athlete is required to be in study center for 2 hours per week.
- Study center will be open 4 days a week (M, T, W, TH) for one hour and 30 minutes per day.
CONSEQUENCES FOR MISSING STUDY CENTER TIME
- Study center sign in sheet will be sent to the school athletic director on Friday.
- Any student athlete that doesn’t complete their 2 hours will have the following week to make up those hours along with the hours due for that week.
- If the student athlete doesn’t complete all hours the following week they must sit out the next contest.
- The student athlete that sits out a contest will not have to make up the previous missed hours. The athlete must sit out a contest at the highest level they have played during the season.
- Students that are ineligible that do not make up hours will not be allowed to practice for 7 days of scheduled practice.
EXEMPTIONS FROM STUDY CENTER TIME
- Students that have excused absence for 3 or more consecutive days will be exempt from making up overdue hours. (out of school suspension doesn’t count as excused)
- If there is no school on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday the required study center time will be decreased by one half hour for each day there is no school.
- Students that achieve a 3.00 or higher at the midterm will be excused from the study center requirement for the remainder of the current quarter.
- Students that achieve a 1.51 or higher at the end of the quarter.
- There will be no study center hours over winter or spring break.