Most of you have heard by now that I will be retiring at the end of this school year after 44 years in education and 12 years with Lakewood City Schools. Although I am looking forward to the next chapter in my life with excitement and anticipation, I remain focused on accomplishing a number of goals before I go. These include:
- Complete the multi-purpose field in the North Lot and opening and operating the new community fitness facility and indoor track;
- Open and operate the new Cleveland Clinic Children’s School-Based Health Center at Lakewood High to provide physical and mental health services for our students;
- Execute the sale of the Board of Education office property and coordinate the relocation of Central Office staff;
- Complete the lighting retrofit and LED energy savings program for our District facilities;
- Plan for appropriate staff levels for the 2018-2019 school year;
- Work with the Board of Education to review and update policies to be compliant with recent legislation and local issues;
- Solicit feedback from employees and community members regarding the District’s vision for the future;
- Expand programming in our West Shore Career-Tech District;
- Implement the plan to extend our 1:1 technology program to grades 6-11 effective next school year;
- Continue to proactively advocate for public education and the inequities of state and federal funding through engaging the community, professional organizations, neighboring school districts and affected stakeholders;
- And finally, provide a smooth transition for my successor.
I look forward to continue to lead our amazing staff of administrators, teachers and support staff and am proud of the work we have accomplished and will continue to accomplish together.
Jeffrey W. Patterson