What does the PTA do at Lincoln?
We host a variety of events for our families to support a strong school community, provide weekly email updates throughout the school year, coordinate fundraisers, and show our appreciation to the staff.
The funds we raise help offset the cost of field trips, bring in outside programming, and help purchase items needed by the Lincoln staff and students.
There are many opportunities to get involved. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional information.
Our next meeting is Tuesday, May 10, at 6:30pm.
LIKE and follow us on Facebook for the latest news: www.facebook.com/LincolnElementaryLakewood.
Mark Your Calendar
• Tuesday, April 26: Parent Drop-In 9-10:30am (Cafeteria) We are assisting with packing tasks (taping boxes, etc.) and helping with weekly teacher needs (copying, cutting, etc.) so we could use some additional hands if you are available!
• Tuesday and Wednesday, April 26-27 – Grade 4 Social Studies Test
• Thursday and Friday, April 28 –29 – Grade 3 Math Test
• Saturday, April 30 – Father/Daughter Dance at Garfield Middle School
from 6-8:30pm (more info below)
• Tuesday and Wednesday, May 3-4 – Grade 4 Math Test
• Tuesday, May 3, 19, 17, 24 – Parent Drop-In 9--10:30am
• Thursday and Friday, May 5-6 – Grade 5 Math Test
• Saturday, May 7 – 5th Grade Track Meet LHS
• Monday and Tuesday, May 9-10 – Grade 5 Science Test
• May 9-13 – Staff Appreciation Week (more info below)
• Tuesday, May 10 – PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m. in room 109
• Thursday, May 12 – Family Night Farewell to Lincoln @ St. Luke’s (more info below)
• Friday May 13 – Muffins with MOM at 8am in the Gym (more info below)
• Tuesday, May 17 – Orchestra, Choir & Grade 3-5 Spring Concert at 1:30pm
in the Gym/OSOB Kick-off
• May 19 – Track & Field Day (Rain Date is May 23)
• May 26 – Last Day of School For Students
• Wednesday, August 17 - Lincoln Elementary dedication (more info below)
One School One Book
The PTA bought each student the "secret" book for our whole book read AND each K-4 student the "secret" summer read book!
OSOB is in need of prize donations...
*THINK: spring cleaning your closets for barely or gently used items! or
*You may also donate gift cards to kid-friendly places OR make a monetary donation.
Items or money can be dropped off in the office by Friday, May 6.
Staff Appreciation Week - May 9-13
Staff Appreciation week is May 9 - 13. The PTA is organizing a week of activities to show the Lincoln staff how much we appreciate all they do to help our children learn and our Lincoln community thrive.
We are seeking the following contributions:
Monday, May 9 - breakfast items, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc.
Please drop off by 9am
Wednesday, May 11 - dessert items and items to dip in the chocolate fountain
(pretzels, marshmallows, cut fruit, etc.) Please drop off by 10:30am
Thursday, May 12 - lunch items (sandwich tray, snacks, yogurts, fruit, etc.)
Please drop off by 10:30am
If you want to help (contribute food, time or funds, etc) contact Annie Stahlheber at email@example.com or 440-666-8664.
Goodbye St. Luke's - Packing Party
Thursday, May 12, from 5 - 7:30pm
Who would've thought two years would go by so quickly! Join our Lincoln family to say goodbye to St. Luke's. Let's pitch in and help our amazing teachers and staff pack boxes for the move to our new school. Lincoln PTA will provide the sustenance - grilled meats (vegan included), salads, desserts, and soft drinks. You provide the energy and brawn. All Lincoln families welcome to this FREE event.
To ensure we have enough food for everyone, RSVP by Monday,
May 9, to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to indicate the number of people in your party.
Muffins with Mom
Friday, May 13, at 8am in the Gym
Join other Lincoln moms (aunts and grandmas are welcome if a mom is unable to attend) and their children for this fun event, sponsored by the PTA. We'll have pastries, bagels, fruit and, of course, muffins! The coffee is being donated by The Root Cafe. We plan to have some word searches, mazes and crossword puzzles to enjoy with your children and each mom in attendance receives a pack of beautiful note cards designed by Lincoln students!
If you are planning to drive, park in the lot behind the orange cones or find street parking on a nearby streets. Please observe the posted parking restrictions on Chase.
RSVP by completing the form at the bottom of the flyer that went home in your kids' backpack and sending it in with your child or e-mail Jenny Trzaska at email@example.com. RSVP if you think you will attend so we can have enough food and drinks for everyone.
Lincoln Elementary School Building Dedication
The community is invited to join the Lakewood City Schools in celebrating the opening of our new elementary schools at dedication ceremonies to be held at 6pm on the following dates:
Tuesday, August 16: Grant Elementary
Wednesday, August 17: Lincoln Elementary
Thursday, August 18: Roosevelt Elementary
The buildings will be open to tour immediately following each school’s dedication ceremony. Share in the pride and appreciation of this milestone accomplishment for our community!