Goal 1: To Improve Student Achievement
- Actively engage students in their learning.
- Give all students the support to realize at least a full year of academic growth.
- Build students’ ability to think deeply and critically, to problem solve, and create independently.
- Build students’ volume of and stamina for reading and writing, enabling them to think deeply.
Areas of Focus:
- Provide continued support for Ohio’s Learning Standards through consistent implementation of all curriculum and curricular initiatives.
- Continue implementation of the Response to Instruction & Intervention framework at all levels.
- Continue implementation of building-wide Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports.
- Continue to explore and implement mental health services and supports across District.
- Continue to integrate technology within the curriculum, including continued support of a 1:1 computing model at the middle schools and staggered implementation of a 1:1 computing model at Lakewood High School.
- Monitor and grow technology infrastructure to support increased use of resources throughout the District.
- Continue to grow the instructional leadership skills of principals and teachers for their learning communities.
- Explore growing our Preschool programming to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Support a defined pilot of the new Elementary Report Card.
- LHS will support students in achieving the 18 Assessment Points required for graduation (or assist them in achieving an alternative pathway if permitted by the state).
- Improve Sponsorship rating of Lakewood City Academy.
- Explore additional College Credit Plus partnerships and Advanced Placement offerings.
- Explore an update of our elementary phonics program to enhance our reading and writing curriculum and instruction.
Goal 2: To Foster Positive Relationships and a Collaborative Working Environment with all Employees
- Maintain effective communication and solicit regular feedback from employee groups.
- Expand the wellness plan for all employees through the Wellness Committee.
- Work within economic realities and the financial forecast to attract and retain quality employees.
Goal 3: To Effectively Manage District Operations
- Continue to populate and implement a long-range facilities maintenance program.
- Improve safety record and risk management procedures.
- Continue to prioritize safety and security of students and staff in partnership with local law enforcement.
- Execute sale of District property and coordinate relocation of Board office staff.
Goal 4: To Ensure Fiscal Transparency and Stability, and Public Accountability
- Communicate and monitor legislative changes that impact financial and operational resources.
- Empower the Financial Advisory Committee to communicate the financial condition of the district to all stakeholders.
- Empower the Insurance Committee to educate all stakeholders on the financial impact of and relationship between benefit structure and cost.
- Engage all stakeholders to determine the level of commitment to District operations (instructional programming, co-curricular offerings, fine art offerings, athletic offerings, facility and operational needs).
- Proactively advocate for public education and the inequities of state and federal funding through engaging the Lakewood Community, professional organizations, neighboring school districts, and all affected stakeholders.
Goal 5: To Build upon the Confidence and Support of the Community
- Focus on highlighting the positive accomplishments of students and staff.
- Communicate effectively to and actively engage all stakeholders about programs and offerings.
- Further develop community and business partnerships to enhance curriculum and opportunities.
- Strengthen communications between our stakeholders, Athletic Department and Recreation Department
- Attract all Lakewood school-age children by marketing and branding the District as an educational destination that meets the needs of all students.
- Collaborate with parents, students, staff, and community members to increase participation, seek alternative funding sources, and effectively schedule existing facilities for the Community Recreation and Education Commission programs.
- Explore expanding child care opportunities throughout our elementary schools.