MARK YOUR CALENDAR
• April 10: PTA Meeting, 6:30pm; Mrs. Kozelka to discuss AIR tests
• April 13: Lincoln Family Movie Night, 6:30pm
• May 8: PTA Meeting, 6:30pm
• May 25: Field Day (Rain Date - May 29)
• May 28: Memorial Day, No School
• May 31: Last Day of School - Fifth Grade Graduation and Clap-out
SAVE THE DATES!
• August 12: Lincoln Fmaily Swim Night - Foster Pool, Lakewood Park 8:30-10:00
• August 21: First Day of School
• Sept 29: Lincoln Fun Run!!! Kauffmann Park, 1pm
What does the PTA do at Lincoln?
The main purpose of the PTA is to support the school in any way that is needed. Our PTA is 100% volunteer driven, and we dedicate our time to providing academic enrichment, curriculum and extracurricular support, and events to strengthen the Lincoln Elementary community. In particular, the PTA coordinates: Room Parent volunteers; provides funding for teacher supplies, field trips, and school clubs; hosts family events including the First Day Café, Ice Cream Social, quarterly Family Fun Nights, and Fifth Grade graduation. In addition, we coordinate other school activities like the Scholastic Book Fair, the school yearbook, the Snowflake Shoppe, school assemblies, and Staff Appreciation events. We host three main fundraisers each year – the Fall Fun Run, the Spring Malley’s Sale, and our Spirit Wear Sale.
MEMBERSHIP AND DIRECTORY
Membership is just $5 per member per year. For the 2017-2018 school year, we will be implementing an online membership system.
Here is your ticket to joining one of the best organizations around:
You can follow this link:
Volunteers are always welcome! Plenty of big and small jobs are available for anyone interested in getting more involved at Lincoln. Please contact Ruth Albertelli to find out more.
President: Ruth Albertelli, firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-President: Barbara Balogh, email@example.com
Vice President – School Spirit: Patricia Barley
Vice President – Membership: Kelly Dobrowolski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Katie Dieter
Communicating Secretary: Laura Cosgriff
LIKE and follow us on Facebook for the latest news.
There are four easy, painless ways to support Lincoln PTA just by shopping:
• Amazon Smile - Our account is under the name PTA Ohio Congress Lincoln. See information below.
• Box Tops - The next batch is due November 1, so make sure to send them in early so they can be tallied and bundled.
• Heinen's shoppers - Donate 1% of your purchase to Lincoln PTA.
• Giant Eagle Apples to Students - Donates to Lincoln PTA for every purchase made.
Did you know that by shopping on Amazon.com you can help Lincoln PTA? We receive a portion of the proceeds from your purchases. If you are a regular Amazon user, you will not notice a difference in the page, just in the URL. Our account is under the name PTA Ohio Congress Lincoln, but the easiest way is to follow this link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7252917. Share this link with family and friends and thank you for your support of PTA!
TRAFFIC PATTERN for CAR DRIVERS
• Travel NORTH on Lakeland, turning into the drive nearest Clifton (pull as far up as possible to allow more cars in the drive)
• Exit onto Summit (turning left or right is permitted).
Please follow this procedure to help us get you through quickly AND to keep our children safe. We had everyone trained over the last two years and were able to run 125 cars through the line in 15 minutes--we'd like to repeat that here!