MARK YOUR CALENDAR
• Nov. 26: PTA Meeting, 6:30 p.m. (pizza and childcare provided)
• Dec. 7: Snowflake Shoppe
• Dec. 11: PTA Social at El Carnicero, 4-7 p.m.
• Dec. 14: Picture Re-Take Day, Group pics and Candids
• Dec. 19: Second and Third Grade, Choir Concert, 2:15 p.m.
• Dec. 20: Dad's breakfast, 8:15 a.m.
• Dec. 21 - Jan. 4: Winter Break
• Jan. 9: PTA Meeting, 6:30 p.m. (pizza and childcare provided)
Join the Lincoln PTA: Membership = Support!
- It’s good for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems at school. Show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Make a difference for the school community. The PTA is responsible for almost all of the school’s fundraising revenue, which plays play a vital role in improving the quality of the school overall.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Join our Facebook page (@LincolnElementaryLakewood) for the latest updates. Plus Lincoln’s PTA sends a weekly e-news update that includes event info, school happenings, volunteer needs, reminders, and more. Only PTA members receive this update – don’t miss out!
- Network and meet new people. PTA functions are opportunities to connect with teachers, parents and caregivers, etc. to discuss issues, share ideas, concerns, and experiences--help us build a strong school community so we help every student be as successful as possible!
- It’s for everyone. Parents, step–parents, grandparents - all caregivers are welcome! Your voice and opinion matters. Plenty of big and small jobs are available for anyone interested in getting more involved at Lincoln.
- Your support helps fund a year full of great activities, such as: Lincoln Fun Run, class field trips, teacher/classroom support, Ice Cream Social, school clubs, Family Fun Nights, First Day Cafe, Scholastic Book Fair, Staff Appreciation Week, fifth grade graduation, and so much more…
The cost to join is just $5 (if you join online, there is a $.50 fee for PayPal).
When you join Lincoln PTA, you’re also joining the National PTA. Very little of the $5 fee makes its way to Lincoln, so please also consider a donation of any amount when signing up. All donations are 100% for Lincoln.
Join online here: www.myschoolanywhere.com/join.a5w
enter the join code: lincolnfamily
Once you’ve joined and are accepted into the system by the administrator, you can download and start using the app on your iOS or Android device - search MySchoolAnywhere on your mobile device.
Or print the membership form (located in the right-hand navigation of this site under 'Downloads') and return with cash or check to your child’s teacher or the school office.
Make checks payable to Lincoln PTA.
QUESTIONS? Contact Beth McCalvey, Membership Chair at email@example.com.
There are four easy, painless ways to support Lincoln PTA just by shopping:
• Amazon Smile - Our account is under the name PTA Ohio Congress Lincoln. See info below.
• Box Tops - The next batch is due November 1, so make sure to send them in early so they can be tallied and bundled.
• Heinen's shoppers - Donate 1% of your purchase to Lincoln PTA.
• Giant Eagle Apples to Students - Donates to Lincoln PTA for every purchase made.
Did you know that by shopping on Amazon.com you can help Lincoln PTA? We receive a portion of the proceeds from your purchases. If you are a regular Amazon user, you will not notice a difference in the page, just in the URL. Our account is under the name PTA Ohio Congress Lincoln, but the easiest way is to follow this link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7252917. Share this link with family and friends and thank you for your support of PTA!
2018-19 LINCOLN PTA DIRECTORY
President: Barbara Balogh-Allie
Vice-President: Patricia Barley
Vice President: Beth McAlvey
Treasurer: Katie Dieter
Communicating Secretary: Ruth Albertelli
Council Delegate: Jenny Comer
E-Week: Lisa Shaner
Easy Fundraisers: Annie Dombrowski
Family Fun Nights: Candace Martin
Fun Run: Patricia Barley
Giving Tree: Brandi McElhatten-Woodward
Hospitality: Sarah Colon
Malley's Sale: Amanda Hruby
Reflections: Amy Chin Armour
Room Parent Coordinator: Beth McAlvey
Scholastic Book Fair: Barbara Balogh-Allie
School Assemblies: Patricia Barley
Snowflake Shoppe: Brandi McElhatten-Woodward
Spirit Wear: Mary Dunne
Staff Appreciation: Amy Bennett
Tuesday Drop-in: Kelly Jablonowski
LIKE and follow us on Facebook and on Instagram for the latest news
TRAFFIC PATTERN for CAR DRIVERS
• Travel NORTH on Lakeland, turning into the drive nearest Clifton (pull as far up as possible to allow more cars in the drive)
• Exit onto Summit (turning left or right is permitted).
Please follow this procedure to help us get you through quickly AND to keep our children safe. We had everyone trained over the last two years and were able to run 125 cars through the line in 15 minutes--we'd like to repeat that here!